Thursday, August 10, 2017

A Taste of Parenthood. (it was scary)

This week we hosted Jerry's side of the family. My in-laws! Fourteen in-laws! Well, only ten of them stayed at our place. Seven of which were children. And as you can imagine, we got a little taste of parenthood. Or maybe it was a mouthful. Actually, it was more like a big ol' slap in the face. :)

Okay, that sounds bad. But I mean, We suddenly went from being "just the two of us," to a family of 12 with 7 children. That's shocking. Shocking enough to make me blog again haha. But also so shocking that I forgot to take photos of the extravaganza. I did manage to snap a few though. 

I learned that this "clean" home that Jerry and I have tried to maintain will no longer exist once children come along. I've come to accept that now. Kinda (but not really). It still makes me cringe a little thinking about all the mess that will come from having children :) <--- (nervous smile)

When everyone first arrived, I went crazy trying to control everything. Wash your hands. Take off your shoes. Wipe your feet. Wipe your mouth. Eat over the table. DONT. TOUCH. ANYTHING! It was extremely stressful. SOOOOO stressful. For everyone I'm sure. 

Oh, hello there new gray hairs. Welcome to my head.

Poor nieces and nephews. I was the strict evil aunt who took away any kind of fun haha. By the last day though, I feel like I was able to relax a bit. I woke up feeling less stressed and somewhat accepted the fact that things will get dirty. Or maybe it was the relief that everyone was leaving that day? ;) Who knows. But now that everyone's gone, the house does feel a little empty. I'm sure we'll get used to it again real quick though. Hah.


Anyway, I feel like I should finish by saying this. Family is awesome. We love family. Kids are fun and entertaining. Little terrors we bring into this world for some reason. And they are also very messy. If they weren't so cute and pure they'd all be homeless I think.








Oh ya, did I tell you? We're expecting. What have we done???











4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a houseful! So fun and cute to read welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you and your growing family! Hope you have a healthy and comfortable pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comment! I may not always be able to get back to you but just so you know, I read and appreciate every single one :)