Monday, July 9, 2012

MLF: What are "popple jacks?"


So Jerry and I, (and when I say "Jerry and I," I mean mostly Jerry), like to play this game where he starts a sentence, thought, or song, and I have to finish it. I guess we like to see if we're on the same "wavelength" or something. So rewinding to a few weeks ago... we went to a Mariners MLB game. It was my first one ever, so Jerry felt like it was absolutely necessary to teach me the "Ball Game" song. You know, the one that goes:
Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out to the crowd...

So that was a few weeks ago. Now fast forward to today. We started playing this "finish my thought" game of his, and it went a little something like this:

Jerry: Take me out to the...
Me: Ball game.
Jerry: Take me out the the...
Me: Crowd!
Jerry: Buy me some..
Me: Peanuts?
Jerry: AND
Me: ..... Popple Jacks!!!
Jerry: Huh?
Me: Hmm?.....


Yes, "Popple Jacks." I don't even know what that is. But if it were real I bet it'd be a really tasty snack.
So that was my embarrassing moment of the day. And to rub it in, Jerry of course asked me to repeat it again (just to hear me say the wrong thing again). I acted like I didn't know what he was talking about. But it was too late for me. The damage had already been done. Good thing we're married and he's stuck with me no matter what :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your lovely comment! I may not always be able to get back to you but just so you know, I read and appreciate every single one :)